Are you tired of the weather dictating your right to eat
S’Mores year round?! Me too :)
WARNING: Once you try these…you will want S’MORE!
Since I do a lot of driving, I also do a lot of thinking…
which is when I can up with this crazy idea!
I took some of the many baby food jars I had been saving (for some unknown future project)
and decided to make S’Mores in my oven.
* Baby Food Jars
(could use other small glass container that can withstand some heat)
* Graham Crackers
* Melted Butter
* Brown sugar
* Ziplock bag
* Chocolate (I used a Hershey Bar)
* Coconut (Optional…but very good!)
* Cupcake pan
* Preheat oven to 320 degrees
To prepare the “crust”: Take your ziplock bag and add graham crackers, then crush into fine pieces.
Add a few pinches of brown sugar and a couple of table spoons of melted butter
(I apologize for the vagueness but this is what I did…just enough to have a crust consistency)
* Layer crust, chocolate, and marshmallows in your jars (this would also be the time to add coconut if you’d like).
Then place jars into cupcake pan.
* Place the pan into oven and WATCH CLOSELY (it will only take a few minutes)
* Once marshmallows have melted quickly turn the broiler feature on to toast your marshmallows
DISCLAIMER: this only takes about 30 seconds and it WILL catch on fire if you leave in too long!
Let cool…but not too much–these are S’Mores :)
I used some scraps of felt to tie around the jar to make them easier to handle (although the glass jar wasn’t too hot).
Did you notice the cute little “Graham Cracker Coasters” I made to serve them on?
Tutorial for those coming up next!
Your kids will shout: