Mermaid Inspired Florida Room
There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting outside–it’s such a great way to unwind or start your day! I’m pretty sure this is why the Florida Room was invented. However, many times the “back porch” or patio is an afterthought when it comes to design. And I’ll admit…I’m guilty of this as well. Now that the weather is warmer and summer is upon us, it got me thinking about my backyard and how we should be enjoying our Florida Room so much more!
After looking at the Douglas Elliman Florida Page, I was inspired by all the gorgeous properties with breathtaking views…and then I started to daydream about sprucing up my own little piece of paradise. I would describe my style as “Modern/Casual/Fun with a touch of Coastal”…pretty sure that is a thing, right?! Personally, I don’t like overkill “theme” rooms, but I do tend to use something as my inspiration (be it a color, pattern, or idea). This is a view of my living room looking out onto my Florida Room.
Now, I feel like I should tell you…I do live in paradise. Phew!! That feels good to get off my chest! And that’s not just my opinion, Siesta Key was named the #1 beach in the United States again by Trip Advisor! Which is why I’m pretty sure I was supposed to be a Mermaid. Well, that and the fact that some of us Floridians have actually seen real life Mermaids!! Weeki Wachee Springs is THE Mermaid Mecca! But since I’m not actually a mermaid…and not everyone lives near the beach, I decided to come up with a way to bring some mermaid inspiration to my very own backyard with some tips you can use too!
When I think “Mermaid”, immediately I’m immersed into an aqua oasis, with starfish accents, and touches of beachglass elegance. I like to incorporate touches of my inspiration to create a unique and lounge worthy Florida Room perfect for putting my tail up…I mean feet…right, feet. I love the idea of having an outdoor couch/daybed that can provide extra seating or be used as a coffee table. And this end table/drink cooler moves up and down and would be a perfect addition to any Florida Room! Both pieces are so versital and would be great for relaxing alone or with friends.
Mermaid pillows are a must and these couldn’t be more perfect. Playing with the sequines is oddly mesmerizing–plus they’re just pretty to look at…just like a mermaid. Definitely a must have for any Mermaid Inspired room. Oh…and really, I am kinda pissed about not being a Mermaid…but what can ya do?? I’ll just have to settle for these super cute pillows instead!
You can purchase these mermaid pillows here:
Kinda Pissed About Not Being A Mermaid – Canvas Decorative Throw Pillow – 10-in
Magic Mermaid Sequin 16×16-Inch Throw Pillow Cover, Silver & Aqua
Here’s where you can find the pieces for my Mermaid Inspired Florida Room:
- LexMod Taiji Outdoor Patio Daybed in Espresso White
- The Beach Chic Aqua Hurricane Wind-Light, Artisanal Glass, Hand Blown, Rustic Blue and Faded White, 4 ¾ x 5 ½ inches, By Whole House Worlds
- See Mermaid pillow links above
- Drink Coasters, Sand Dollar Coasters, Coasters, Absorbent Coasters, Beach House, Hostess Gifts, Nautical Decor, Home Decor, Tableware, Barware
- SIBA MERCURY GLASS CANDLE LATERN VASE 3.5″Dia x 6.25″H (Aqua)
- Creative Co-op Seaside Decorative Cast Iron Mermaid Shelf Sitter, 9-Inch
- WXJ13 Starfish Decor Pencil Finger Starfish for Wedding Decor, 21 Pieces
- Outsunny Rattan Patio Side Table and Ice Bucket – Outdoor Wicker Cooler End Table (Brown)
- Geek Details Mermaid Hair Don’t Care Coffee Mug, 11 oz, White
- Decorative Fish Net (size may vary)
Some of my other Mermaid Must Haves for a cozy/relaxing Mermaid Inspired Florida Room would include this adorable pillow, crocheted mermaid tail blanket, and beach glass.
Find them here:
- Salty Kisses & STARFISH Wishes Throw pillow Cover
- DDMY Mermaid Tail Blanket For Kids Teens Adult Handmade Wave Mermaid Blankets Crochet Knitting Blanket Seasons Warm Soft Living Room Sleeping Bag Best Birthday Christmas gift 74”x35” Mint Green
- Koyal Wholesale Centerpiece Vase Filler Decorative Crushed Glass, 4.5-Pound, Diamond Blue
Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully this inspired your inner Mermaid to create your dream outdoor oasis. Enjoy your piece of paradise wherever you call home!
That’s My Daily Dose!