This post may contain affiliate links that could pay a small commission.
Do I have a treat for you!!! In honor of National Ice Cream Month my adorably pregnant friend Charlene (as pictured at her Beatles Baby Shower) is sharing her award winning Coffeehouse Ice Cream with us today!! Take it away Char…
I originally came up with this ice cream recipe to enter a contest over at Scoopalicious, but was excited when my good friend Phar-Ma asked me to share it here on her blog :) Ice cream might just be my favorite thing about summer and this is a easy way to make an ice cream treat at home – best part is you don’t even need an ice cream maker!
- 1 packet Starbucks Via Instant Iced Coffee – lightly sweetened
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 (heaping) cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6-8 chocolate chip biscotti
- Magic Shell for drizzling
*Note – The packet of Starbucks Via I used makes 16 oz., so if you use a different brand just use the same amount you’d need for 2 cups of coffee. Also if the brand you use is unsweetened you might want to add some sugar to taste. Oh and I did make my own biscotti (a good excuse to have some extras to eat later ;)) but storebought makes this recipe even quicker and easier.
Directions for ice cream:
1. Combine coffee, cream, and condensed milk in the bowl of an electric mixer
2. Mix on high for a few minutes, until light and fluffy
3. Stir in chocolate chips
To assemble ice cream loaf:
1. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with foil (make sure foil folds over sides of pan)
2. Spoon a thin layer of the ice cream on bottom of pan
3. Place biscotti on top of ice cream layer
4. Pour the remaining ice cream into pan
5. Freeze overnight or until firm
1. Turn pan out onto a plate and remove foil.
2. Slice ice cream loaf (try to get one biscotti per slice)
3. Drizzle with Magic Shell for the finishing touch and enjoy!
Hope you think this Coffeehouse Ice Cream treat is as “cool” (haha, I know Phar-Ma loves a good pun!) as I did.
That’s My Daily Dose!